Godawari Green Energy Limited (GGEL) is a flagship company of the HIRA group in the renewable energy sector. The company was incorporated as a 100% subsidiary of the Godawari Power & Ispat Ltd in the year 2009. The company was formed with an objective to tackle the growing energy requirement of the country in an ecologically sustainable manner. GGEL’s focus area is power generation using renewable sources such as solar energy, geothermal energy, wind energy etc.
The Integrated Energy Policy Report, 2006, estimates that India will need to increase their electricity generation by five to six times to meet the per capita consumption needs of its citizens. Renewable energy will play an important role in filling the gap while addressing the environmental concerns as well. GGEL has taken the first step in this direction by taking up a project to construct and operate a 50 MW Solar Thermal Power Project, in Jaisalmer District, Rajasthan, India.
To be the most admired power generation company delivering superior value to investors, customers, communities and employees through innovation and leadership in operation excellence.
- We aim to generate superior return for our investors by being the leading solar thermal power generating company in India within 2022 and by being the first company to achieve grid-parity in solar power in India.
- We aim to repeatedly execute projects ahead of schedule and in most cost- effective manner meeting norms and exceeding expectations of national agencies and our customers.
- We want to develop and nurture best-in-class organizational capability in engineering and project execution while maintaining a lean organization fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, transparency and professionalism.
- We commit ourselves to improving the quality of life of communities we influence by striking a balance between profit, people and planet
- Mutual trust and collaboration
- Innovation at all levels and in daily action
- Sense of responsibility towards our work and our organization, customers, society and coworkers
- Professional honesty, integrity and transparency
GGEL has successfully bid as one of the seven developers as part of Phase 1 of Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) for a 50 MW Solar Thermal Plant with an aim to be the first among competitors to successfully execute and commission the project. The project is being implemented at Nokh village located in the Jaisalmer district in Rajasthan. GGEL has signed the Power Purchase Agreement with NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam (NVVN) and has successfully completed the acquisition of land and in turn completed the financial closure as of July 9th as per the guidelines of NVVN. GGEL has met all the conditions subsequent to PPA that was required to be met within 180 days of signing of the PPA. The solar thermal power plant will be based on the parabolic trough technology which is the most prevalent & proven technology being used globally for such plants. The solar thermal power plant is expected to be commissioned by May 2013 in line with the guidelines of the PPA.