Environment is a reason for sustaining growth. It should be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife. Its a priceless boon. Preserving the environment and its various bounties as well as sustainable management of its resources can help make a phenomenal difference.
We at Hira Group work on the principle that an organization can only grow in a competitive environment when it addresses economic, social and environmental concerns with a focused approach. In order to make our works environment friendly at all levels, we continuously work towards implementing pollution preventive methods and techniques. We are edging closer to our goal of minimal effect on the environment in and around the communities we operate in.
WE HAVE SET BELOW STRATEGIC PRIORITIES TO REALISE OUR CHALLENGING VISION:
- To achieve emission reductions
- To invest in longer-term breakthrough technologies for producing low carbon steels
- To develop new products and services that generate lower CO2 emissions through the life cycle
- To actively engage our entire workforce in this challenge, and
- To lead by example within the global steel industry.
HPSL is committed to conduct business with strong environmental conscience towards community, customer and employees by:
- Conserving natural resources
- Executing Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project
- Adopting and promoting industry best practices to improve our environmental performance
- Continuous monitoring and protecting air, water & soil
- Complying with all relevant legislation & regulation on Environmental protection
- Promoting transformation of solid waste into more value added product
- Applying stringent control to reduce generation of Hazardous waste
- Accelerating the forestation & water harvesting
- To conduct environment awareness training program through experts
- Enviromental Statement (Form-V)
- Half Yearly Enviromental Compliance
- Hira Power and Steels Ltd
Fly ash is a By-Product of coal based power generation. Sustainable ash utilization is one of the key concerns at Hira Power and Steels Limited. The ash is now being looked at as a commodity that could generate wealth for the company. The important areas for the utilization of the ash are cement industry, bricks industry, road embankment, mine filling, land development and ash dyke rising. Click here for the details of the fly ash generation, utilization and the stock available.